Sunday 1 September 2013

20 Fun Facts About Kate

I saw this headline in the sidebar of a page on the Independent’s website and was bitterly disappointed when it turned out to be about Kate Middleton or whatever we’re supposed to call her these days. Since the Indy refuses to acknowledge my all-round wonderful quirkiness, I figured I’d do it myself…so here are 20 fun facts about me...*

*Please note the use of the terms “fun” and “facts” may not be strictly literal...

  1. I once owned a goldfish called Kelly.
  2. When she died and I got a new goldfish, I named her “Kelly 2”.
  3. Clearly names are not my forte...
  4. I dance whenever and wherever I please. In my front room, walking down the road, on public transport...I don't care. I just dance.
  5. I get giddy with glee over the most ridiculously childlike things.
  6. For example, feeding the ducks is THE best thing in the world. Ever.
  7. I can't grow anything. Not even weeds.
  8. I know what happened to Jeffery Dahmer's brain and can identify serial killers and their victims from the oddest snippets of information.
  9. I sometimes sense dead people. Not Jeffery Dahmer though; that would be weird even for me.
  10. I collect old books.
  11. I still own the pink-and-white mouse toy Father Christmas gave me at playgroup when I was 3.
  12. He's called Pinkie.
  13. I told you names were not my forte.
  14. I love dressing up for things, like 30's film nights or Medieval Re-enactments.
  15. My vintage Ducky Dress is the most cherished item in my wardrobe.
  16. I scribble things occasionally.
  17. I invented the all-singing, all-dancing Ringwraiths in a Lord of the Rings fanfic.
  18. I apologise to anyone who read said fanfic and is now traumatised by the experience of the Ringwraith's Smile-Time Variety Show.
  19. I co-invented online/virtual shoe-throwing as a sport.
  20. I am weird and quirky and celebrate this by saying and doing really random things...

No comments:

Post a Comment