Thursday 8 January 2015

Literary Loveliness!

I love when people show me new things.  Especially new things which are shiny.  I think I was a magpie in a former life...I also love literature, so when my dear Baby Forumbat Gemma introduced me (via her Facebook glee over her own purchase) to Scribbelicious, I was immediately in love.  Jewellery made from recycled books.  Hello, loveliness.  Goodbye, savings...

According to their website: 
Scribbelicious is based in North Wales, hand-making literary jewellery from recycled books. We love all things bookish! Shakespeare is our speciality: you will find our earrings and pendants at selected branches of Waterstones, Shakespeare's Globe, the RSC, the Theatr Clwyd and in a number of lovely independent book shops.
We also make custom items. Our customers' favourite quotations are printed onto parchment before sealing under glass. Most of our jewellery is made from real books, however. Our silver-plated pendants range from 10mm circles to 3x4cm ovals, and many of the real page fragments from damaged books are over 100 years old.
Our range includes French and dangle earrings, large oval pendants, double-sided globes and our famous book in a Bottle, but we are always looking for new ideas. Our settings are mostly sterling silver-plated on brass, nickel-free and sourced in the UK. All of our earring wires and lighter chains are sterling silver.
We celebrate our love for literature by transforming old books into something beautiful to wear and we hope you enjoy our jewellery as much as we do! 

Their stuff is absolutely divine.  Seriously, I am having to restrain myself from buying up the entire stock.  Right now I'm torn between the Macbeth bangle and a couple of the pendents (Alice in Wonderland, Game of Thrones and some seriously divine poets).  I may have to rob a bank...

I seriously, seriously recommend visiting the site and checking their beautiful things out: http://www.scribbelicious.com/  Now please excuse me.  I have an Inner Magpie who needs sating...

No comments:

Post a Comment